My days were full of excitement and interesting events. We had 2 girls from our church youth group left for college this September. I am so thankful for them because they can continue their study, but also sad because won’t see them for quite a while (hopefully will see them during the Holidays! ^_^)
You how hard is the first couple weeks being away from home, family and friends, so we were encouraged to send them a card or anything to help them to settle down at their dorm and to overcome their homesickness. This is what I did. I made card for one of them today.
This is an Easel Card, a card that you can fold the front to be a standing easel so the recipient can put on the shelf or desk as decoration or memory. Beside that, it’s is also a card challenge from Scrapbook Challenges for this month. If you visit the website here, you will find the card sketch and step-by-step tutorial pictures. I guarantee that it’s easy and fun. It is not only can express your creativity by making this card, but also you can send to someone you know and love.
But here I will give you the simple step-by-step:
1. Cut 8.5 x 11 in. card stock into 5.5 x 8.5 in standard card size.
2. The top/front card, fold in half
3. The inside card, you can decorate as you like with ribbons, borders, rhinestones, punches border, etc. The most important thing you need to do is at the half above you might want to put a little bit thicker embellishments, for example on my card I put a punch border and layer it with a ribbon, the reason is to support the top/front card to stand as the easel.
4. When the inside decoration is done, cut a matching size card stock (5.5 x 8.5 in.) and decorate it to match the base card, or you can do anything you like as the front card and the standing easel.
5. When it is done, glue it ONLY to the bottom part of the front decorated card to the lower folded side of the base card.
And it is done. You have your easel card. When you’re done, you post your card on the Scrapbook Challenge gallery, or you can send it out to your family or friends, or you can get it ready as blank card that you can use anytime you need it.
Be creative and happy scrapping!
Your comment made my day! Thank you so much for your kindness. Please note: I reserve the right to delete comments that are offensive or off-topic.