My mom loves baking cookies in this special season. She bakes yummy cookies, put them in little plastic jars for gifts and to sell them too. I used to help her with the packing and decorating the jars. How I miss her in this holidays.
I love making gifts that I feel it is a way to share the joy with others. And in the last 2 Christmas-es I made gifts for families and friends. This Christmas I make this cute little 3D coffee mug using my Silhouette Cameo.
I found this 3D hot cocoa/coffee mug cutting file is from Lori Whitlock on Silhouette Design Store. Open the file at Silhouette Studio software, no need to resize, ungroup the shapes for cutting with different papers. First I cut Silhouette chipboard for the base and the hexagon for the bottom of the mug. Next I cut Snowhaven paper for the layering and the handle. I love the pattern from Snowhaven paper packet! They are just cool for Christmas 🙂
Putting this mug is very easy. I used Xyron 1.5″ sticker maker for the rectangles and added them on the chipboard base (before fold it). Then, using glue dots secure the handle from inside. Fold the mug using on the score lines. For the base, I used double sided tape, I found it easier than liquid glue. Add the base from inside the mug and another one from the outside bottom. Final touch, I added some Slate Exclusive Inks Pad using a sponge dauber along the edges.
I filled this mug with a bag of hot cocoa and some sweet goodies 🙂 Then I tied it up using the twine from Doodlebug Designs Christmas assortment twine. I cut the tag using Silhouette Cameo, stamped it with one of the sentiments from Be Jolly stamp set (CTMH Hostess Reward) using Ruby Exclusive Inks Pad. Oh I found this cute little Christmas light bulb in my stash and added little bling there 🙂
I link this project at a HUGE blog hop I ever joined, Holiday Coffee Lovers Blog Hop hosted by amazing Amy Tsuruta.
And not just blog hopping, but you can link up your projects at Amy’s blog, hopping around the link ups (some of them offering prizes individually on their blog!) and WIN these amazing prizes from sponsors!
And the sponsors are:
- 17 Turtles: $15 Store Gift Card
- A Muse Studio/Chris Franco: Cup of Good Cheer stamp set
- Add a Little Dazzle: $25 Store Gift Card
- Butterfly Reflections Ink: Prima Coffee Break
- Color Cast Designs: Coffee Lovers kit
- Create a Smile: Monster Party stamp set
- Hero Arts: A Little & Today’s Special stamps/Cup ‘O Joe Shadow ink
- Kraftin’ Kimmie: $25 Store Gift Card
- Kreative Kymona: Fancy Mug Giveaway
- Latina Crafter: Cafe Wood Veneers + $25 Store Gift Card
- Neat & Tangled: Warm Wishes stamp set
- Newton’s Nook: $15 Store Gift Card
- Paper Smooches: $25 Store Gift Card
- Pickled Potpourri: $7 Store Gift Card
- Poppystamps: Tea Cup Stack Die
- Reverse Confetti: $15 Store Gift Card
- Stamp Academy: 2 classes
- Stampin’ Up/Veronica Zalis: $20 Store Gift Card
- STAMPlorations: $10 Store Gift Card
- Stamp Simply Ribbon Store: Coffee Cup Prize Pack
- SugarPea Designs: $20 Store Gift Card
- Sweet ‘n Sassy: Pick Me Up Clear stamp & die set
- The Alley Way Stamps: Tea Par-tea stamp set
- Two Paper Divas: Your Warm My Heart stamp set
- Your Next Stamp: $20
- Verve Stamps: $25
- Whole Wild World: Coffee before Talkee mug
●●Sponsorship prizes are eligible via random draw from linked hop participants only●●